Sunday, September 18, 2011

FYI

I finally got a review on my novel. It was disappointing and surprisingly insightful. It was written by someone who reads my blog and they felt I was really holding back and not being vulnerable enough in my writing, and some other stuff. That's what I got out of it anyway.

This review really made me take a hard look at myself and what I am doing and what I want to accomplish in life. I personally like my novel, and am proud of it. However, it is a fairy tale version of real experiences. I know my writing can be more powerful if I allow more of the reality I feel into the process.

I guess I've known that for awhile, but it is really scarey to even think about tapping into all of that pain and history and survival and everything else I would need to do in order to write a good book.

But I want to write a good book. No wait - I want to write an EXCELLENT book. So that is what I am going to do.

I'm still in school, so between writing a new book, doing homework, and doing all of the other things I do, this blog may take a back seat. But, hey - it will give some people an excellent opportunity to catch up from the beginning, right? I mean, there is A LOT of writing here. It's nearly ridiculous.

Anywho, here is a link to the above-referenced review of my novel (the review is down at the bottom), and to the place you can download the whole book for FREE:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/83822

p.s. I don't know who wrote the review, but I congratulate and appreciate whomever it is for helping me to get off my writing ass :)

No comments: