Wednesday, July 18, 2012

part 119, or "is it real to anyone else yet?"

***TRIGGER ALERT***



I have corroborating evidence.

The pedophile next door to my childhood home also abused his own daughter. He has two daughters, but I only saw him abuse one. He demonstrated what he wanted to do to me on his youngest daughter, to show me that it was normal and okay. It was a very effective strategy. Except now I am a grown-up and remember shit, and now his daughter is a grown-up, too. I don’t know whether or not she remembers shit, but I was not that skeevy perve’s only victim. What he did to her corroborates my account of what he did to me. I also find it hard to believe that his wife had no knowledge or suspicions about him and what he did to little girls.

The pedophile diagonally to my childhood home also abused other people. He was even arrested for it years and years ago, but I don’t think any charges were filed, because I can’t dig up any records about that arrest. Regardless, these other victims do remember what happened to them, and their stories can corroborate my account of what that particular dirty old man did to me.

After that sick fuck across the street raped me (the first time), his wife was standing right there when I came up out of the basement and ran home. She saw me. She saw him. She knew what happened then, and she still knows it now. That corroborates what her husband did to me. I’m pretty sure my sister knows about this time, too – she was at home when I ran in the house, and she knew something was wrong, and I don’t remember anything else about her being there except that she had the most disgusted look on her face and I felt very dirty and shameful.

One of the things my dad and grandpa (his dad) did to me when I was about four or five was attempt to do a “female circumcision” on me. It was somehow related to their completely fucked beliefs/delusions about their cult/religion – I remember it being explained to me in a way I was supposed to accept as being “good” for me. They used wire snippers and they did cut me, but I was moving around a lot (because it hurt SO BAD!!!), and there was A LOT of blood, and they didn’t get to remove the organ they wanted to. They did leave a deep cut, though, and I have a scar from it. Only my husband and I have seen it, but still – it corroborates my account of what they did to me.

 My brother walked in the time my mom was sexually assaulting me as my dad looked on – we were in the kitchen, for christ’s sake. My brother swears he remembers nothing of this, but at the time he new something fucked up was going on, and insisted someone tell him what it was. When I alluded to what had actually happened, he told me I was very sick and his face looked very disgusted like that time my sister saw me after I was raped by the guy across the street. That corroborates my account of what my mom and dad did to me. That night was one of the times I cried and cried and cried, silently, until I wasn’t awake anymore, and in the morning the muscles in my back and abdomen were sore from all of the yelling I did in my head.

I also have reams of documentation about my psychological state – I’ve been evaluated many times over the years. (I was actually finally just formally diagnosed with a personality disorder – Avoidant Personality Disorder. Avoidant? Duh.) None of these evaluations mention or suggest that I have experienced or experience any delusions or hallucinations, and none of them mention or suggest that I am in any way not truthful.

And then there are the memories themselves – “recovered memories.” I remember the things that happened because I WAS THERE. I was a witness. I can provide more witness testimony-type of evidence than anyone would know what to do with. All I would have to do is say out loud what happened to me.

I’m sure there is more corroborating evidence that I have not thought to mention right now, but everything I’ve said in this blog post alone should be enough to open a formal investigation into these crimes.

Shouldn’t it? I mean, it should, right? I really do think it should. But it is hasn’t been enough, not up to this point, anyway.

Who knows? Maybe the shifting tides concerning victim testimony based on recovered memories will change something about my situation. Maybe the newly public acknowledgement that this shit DOES happen to kids every fucking day will change things.

Maybe. But I’m not holding my breath. 

No comments: